Immediate need for a Psych / Mental Health Nurse Practitioner to join a well established group in Baltimore area. Lets Discuss
Mobile Treatment / Community Based
Person will provide comprehensive psychiatric care to a variety of patients in the community and coordinate health services between the Agency, community and home settings. Responsible for conducting psychiatric assessments, assessing physical health needs, coordinating all somatic referrals to necessary specialists, and assuring lab work ups are conducted as needed. responsible for the overall clinical service delivery of the team. Will conduct medical assessment, psychiatric evaluation, medication assessment and management, and monitoring of the overall somatic and mental health of clients.
- Evaluate clients upon admission to ACT; obtain complete psychiatric and medical health history.
- Formulate diagnostic impressions; develop and implement initial treatment plans, in collaboration with the ACT Team by performing assessments, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation with regards to client care.
- Revise standards of practice to meet the changing needs of the clients as required.
- Provide medication evaluation, delivery, prescription, management, and education. Explain all side effects and reasons for prescribing a medication to clients.
- Maintain and update client records; document information regarding client status and progress.
- Perform ongoing physical and psychiatric assessment, updating and evaluating individual treatment plans.
- Recommend, monitor and evaluate uses of psychotropic; administer medications and injections as necessary.
- Coordinate client care and collaborate with other social and community agencies, advocating for clients; refer clients to other treatment facilities/community resources as required.
- Participate in community ACT related meetings, client care conferences, clinical programs, etc.
- Write orders and sign off on necessary orders for non-nursing personnel.
- Instruct clients and families in regards to: nutrition, medication, side effects, and all physical/psychiatric illnesses, dental care, substance abuse prevention, health maintenance and preventative care, including activities related to diagnostic testing preparation and prescribed treatment for acute and short-term treatment.
- Provide training in communicable disease prevention; prevention of sexually transmitted diseases, including HIV/AIDS, as needed and if credentialed. Assure proper medical care is attained for any health issue.
- Monitor chronic medical conditions that are managed by a primary health care provider and reinforce instruction given by primary health care provider. Communicate with the primary care provider to coordinate treatment.
- Evaluate acute health problems of clients to determine the most appropriate health care provider and make referrals.
- Oversee medication samples and their disbursements to clients.
- Become an expert of the ACT philosophy and follow and maintain high fidelity to the ACT Model of Care.
Psych Psychiatric Psychiatry Mental Health Behavioral Health Advanced Practice Nurse PMHNP