AIDS Healthcare Foundation is currently seeking a Full-time RN Manager who will report to the Director of Nursing and have daily reporting to the Medical Director for their outpatient clinics in Northern, California. This position requires 50% travel working a schedule of 8:30am -5:30pm at our Oakland clinic on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays and on Wednesdays and Fridays at our San Francisco clinic.
The ideal candidate must have prior outpatient/ambulatory clinical experience and be comfortable working in a fast pace environment and familiar with the underserved population.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned)
- Assists in the development and implementation, with senior nursing leadership and in collaboration other Nurse Managers, the nursing direction for the Healthcare Centers
- Assumes responsibility for implementing programs and processes as defined with nursing management for programs to monitor, evaluate and improve the quality and appropriateness of care delivered to patients
- Works with the nursing leadership to ensure that operational activities and initiatives are in compliance with the most current Federal, State and County regulations and contractual requirement
- Monitors patient flow/throughput timeliness—patient wait times during visits to ensure that customer service and satisfaction levels are at optimal levels.
- Supports Quality Management Program and works with nursing leadership to define key quality indicators and apply those defined through contractual requirements.
- Maintains clinical competency, as demonstrated in providing and directing patient care and Triage
- Directs nursing care in a manner reflective of the philosophy of AIDS Healthcare Foundation
- Provides education to patient and patient's personal support system in areas such as disease management.
- Completes referrals as deemed necessary according to nursing staff assignments
- Reviews and adjusts FTE, salary, overtime and medical expenses budgets with nursing leadership.
Education and/or Experience:
- Graduate from an accredited RN program( BSN Required)
- Previous Change Management experience is preferred
- 1-2 years of previous supervisory experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in phlebotomy and intravenous insertion, care and therapy is required
Other Skills & Abilities/Qualifications:
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS and related medical and patient care issues and concerns in diverse populations
- Understanding of case management and benefits preferred.
- Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Current State of California RN License
- Valid CPR/BLS certification
- Valid State of California Driver License with proof of liability insurance
To apply directly to this position click on this link https://careers-aidshealth.icims.com/jobs/6199/hcc-nurse-manager--oakland-california/job