AMAZING INDIVIDUALS WORKING FOR POSITIVE PEOPLE at AIDS Healthcare Foundation!
Does the idea of doing something that really makes a difference in people’s lives while being well-compensated intrigue you? Are you looking to work for an organization that encourages growth and success from each and every one of its employees?If so, AIDS Healthcare Foundation is the place for you!
Founded in 1987, AIDS Healthcare Foundation is the largest specialized provider of HIV/AIDS medical care in the nation. Our mission is to provide cutting edge medicine and advocacy, regardless of ability to pay. Through our healthcare centers, pharmacies, health plan, research and other activities, AHF provides access to the latest HIV treatments for all who need them.AHF’s core values are:
• Value Employees
• Respect for Diversity
• Fight for What’s Right STILL INTERESTED? Please continue! We at AIDS Healthcare Foundation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.Responsibilities:Essential Duties & ResponsibilitiesIncludes the following. Other duties may be assigned
Participation in AHF Meetings/Committees
- Maintains clinical competency, as demonstrated in providing and directing patient care.
- Assures that nursing staff practice within their individual scopes of practice.
- Assists and communicates with medical staff concerning patient care issues (e.g., change in condition, refill requests, patient incidents).
- Assesses and Triages patients.
- Participates in the case management of individual patients to ensure the continuity of care.
- Develops and oversees internal working systems relevant to the medical/nursing operations within a clinic setting.
- Produces required reports on a timely basis.
- Maintains compliance with DHS, County Public Health, and other regulatory agencies, statutes and standards.
- Directs nursing care in a manner reflective of the philosophy of AIDS Healthcare Foundation.
- Provides education to patient and patient's personal support system in areas such as disease management, safe sex, etc.
- Assumes supervisory duties such as performance evaluations, counseling and progressive discipline of the nursing staff.
- Complies with safety standards and infection control standards.
- Promotes team work, good interpersonal relations and communication among staff at the healthcare setting and corporate level.
- Participates in nursing staff orientation and serves as a clinical resource.
- Plans and participates in educational programs for the nursing staff.
- Oversees and controls supplies that directly impact patient care (e.g. ordering and charging stock medications, medical supplies and patient care equipment and/or supplies.
- Exercises appropriate judgment and good decision-making skills.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as necessary (i.e., assisting the nursing staff at times of critical need, attendance at all assigned committees).
- Attends Nurse Managers Meeting.
- Attends Leadership Meeting.
- Attends HCC Staff Meeting.
- Attends other meetings as assigned.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with AHF’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Qualifications:Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education and/or Experience
Computer/Software Skills & Abilities
- Graduate from an accredited RN program.
- BSN preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software. Language Skills
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors. Mathematical Skills
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent to draw and interpret bar graphs. Reasoning Ability
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Other Skills & Abilities/Qualifications
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS and related medical and patient care issues and concerns in diverse populations.
- Previous administrative and supervisory experience preferred.
- Strong clinical nursing skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in phlebotomy and intravenous insertion, care and therapy.
- Fluent in conversational Spanish preferred.
- Understanding of case management and benefits preferred.
- Ability to work at various healthcare centers.
- Current State RN License in applicable working location.
- Current CPR certification (Healthcare Provider).
- Valid Drivers License with proof of liability insurance.
Req #: 2016-5080