To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Graduate from an accredited RN program.
- BSN preferred.
Computer/Software Skills & Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Other Skills & Abilities/Qualifications
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS and related medical and patient care issues and concerns in diverse populations.
- Previous administrative and supervisory experience preferred.
- Strong clinical nursing skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in phlebotomy and intravenous insertion, care and therapy.
- Fluent in conversational Spanish and/or Creole preferred.
- Understanding of case management and benefits preferred.
- Ability to work at various healthcare centers.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
We at AIDS Healthcare Foundation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.