Shift: 4 x 10 hour shifts
Duration: 24 weeks contract
(1) Licensing Requirement. Must be a licensed LPN
(2) Professional training. Completion of an approved nursing education program
(3) BLS certification
(4) Experience working in a long term facility.
Services to be provided.
(1) Nursing services, as prescribed by a physician, physician’s assistant, or an advanced registered nurse practitioner (ARNP);
(2) Administration of drugs, injections, inoculations, treatment and tests;
(3) Handling phlebotomy and laboratory specimens;
(4) Monitoring and working with insulin-dependent clients/residents;
(5) Providing observation, nursing diagnoses, therapeutic healthcare to Clients/Residents, and teaching clients/residents about health-related issues pertinent to nursing care and Clients’/Residents’ diagnoses;
(6) Conducting nursing assessments, including nurse admission assessments for new Clients/Residents;
(7) Initiating and providing emergency medical treatment, including emergency response, first response, First Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR);
(8) Ongoing Client/Resident healthcare education, consultation about, and monitoring of client/resident healthcare, including sharing this information with each clients’/residents’ primary caregivers (physicians, physician assistants, ARNPs, nurses);
(9) Maintaining an ongoing, updated healthcare plan for each client/resident;
(10) Maintaining a record of the specific dates and times all services are provided.
(11) Tracking inventory and logging controlled devices, including syringes, hypodermic needles, razor blades, biopsy needles, or any other item that may come into contact with bodily fluids and can pierce the skin;
(12) Assisting physicians, physician assistants, or ARNPs with running scheduled and non- scheduled clinics; and
(13) Assisting with medical preparations for Clients’/Residents’ off-site medical trips.
(1) Record assessments, Client/Resident healthcare, treatments, procedures, nursing care plans, and other information related to client/resident healthcare in each Clients’/Residents’ health chart within 24 hours of providing services.
(2) Complete, sign, and submit a daily attendance record to the Nurse Staffing Coordinator or authorized designee, itemizing hours for each regular service period and any overtime hours worked.
(3) Attend meetings and training, as requested and report, verbally or in writing, the status of healthcare, treatment activities and plans, and any related problems or concerns that may arise.