Fairfax Hospital in the Seattle, WA area is seeking a full-time Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) to join our specialized team in the treatment of Behavioral Health patients. Fairfax has Acute inpatient treatment services for both males and females ages 4-Geriatric with diverse Psychiatric treatment issues. The new PMHNP will be rounding in our patients in our Everett, WA location inpatient settings with an emphasis on helping our Psychiatrist with weekly med-checks of adult patients. The caseload averages 14 patients per day. A schedule of 40 hours a week (full-time).
• Provide psychiatric medical care under the oversight and in collaboration with the psychiatric physicians at Fairfax Hospital Everett.
• Complete a Psychiatric Admitting Evaluation on newly admitted patients
• Ensure that appropriate orders and recommendations are made for treatment and psychiatric/medical care following the initial psychiatric/medical evaluation
• Conduct reviews of patients’ psychiatric/medical status as needed
• Communicate with families on significant psychiatric/medical issues
• As directed, ensure that psychiatric rounding occurs on patients throughout their stay at the facility
• Respond to or give appropriate orders for emergency needs or care of patients in crises as needed
• Document the patient's medical record each time he/she sees and/or treats a patient and keep progress notes regarding treatment as well as written doctor's orders.
• Participate as needed in utilization reviews with insurance companies for the benefit of patients and their families
• Make appropriate discharge recommendations and prescriptions for psychiatric medication needs for each patient at the time of discharge
• Countersign all telephone orders in the patient record
Interested individuals should apply through this ad or directly to the In-House Physician Recruitment Department of Universal Health Services, Inc.
Fairfax Behavioral Health is a private behavioral health hospital with three locations, Kirkland, Everett and Monroe, WA, offering acute inpatient and partial hospital services for children, adolescents, adults and older adults with psychiatric and dual diagnoses treatment issues.
The Fairfax main hospital in Kirkland is an 157-bed, standalone psychiatric facility, composed of six units providing specialized treatment for mental health and co-occurring disorders (concurrent mental illness and substance abuse issues), as well as detoxification services for both adolescents and adults. Fairfax also operates a 30-bed adult general psychiatric unit, located in Everett, WA on the seventh floor of the Providence Medical Center’s Pacific campus. As well as, a 34-bed unit on the campus of Evergreen Health Monroe; Fairfax cares for both voluntarily admitted and involuntarily committed patients at all locations. Programs at Fairfax are provided in highly structured multidisciplinary treatment settings staffed by trained clinical and administrative support staff. The successful hospital is easily accessible just off I-405, located just northwest of Seattle and north of Bellevue and in a quiet residential neighborhood. The hospital system enjoys the largest market share in the state of WA for inpatient behavioral health services.
Fairfax Hospital is owned and operated by a subsidiary of Universal Health Services (UHS), one of the nation's leading hospital management companies.
Salary: Very competitive but based upon candidate’s experience, credentials and scope of work.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance; Life Insurance; Short- and Long-term Disability; Accident Insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts; Vacation and Medical Leave; 401(k)Retirement Savings Plan, Malpractice Insurance and Employee Stock Purchase Plan. Relocation Reimbursement
An option for Independent contractor can also be considered if needed/desired.
• PhD or Master’s Degree in Nursing from recognized school of nursing
• Current licensure as a Nurse Practitioner/APRN in the State of Washington or willingness to obtain licensure in the State of Washington.
• Board Certified through the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) as a Clinical Nurse Specialist in Psychiatric and Mental Health
• Current National DEA Certificate
OUR FOCUS IS SIMPLE: WE WORK TO HELP OUR PATIENTS GET BETTER SO THEY CAN LIVE BETTER LIVES. ARE YOU READY TO TAKE A STEP AND JOIN US AS WE CONTINUE TO GROW OUR SERVICES?
Find out how you fit at Fairfax. Contact Me for Additional Details!
In-house Physician Recruiter