Texas Tech Health Sciences Center University in Amarillo, Department of Pediatrics is recruiting a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner to work in our practice in the Level III NICU at Northwest Texas Children's Hospital in Amarillo, Texas. Our team consists of a close-knit group of Neonatal Nurse Practitioners and Neonatologists, supported by a dedicated staff of RNs, RTs, occupational and physical therapists, social workers, and breastfeeding specialists, each trained specifically to work with infants in the NICU.
• Employed position with TTUHSC Amarillo Department of Pediatrics
• Team consists of 4 Neonatologists / 5 Neonatal Nurse Practitioners
• 35-bed Level III NICU
• Average daily census of 23-25
• NNP coverage model: 24-hour shifts plus second NNP on day shift
• Work schedule: average of seven 24-hour shifts a month
• NNP may attend high-risk deliveries as assigned
• Procedures including intubation, insertion of UVC, UAC, and PICC lines
• Pediatric Hospitalist sees newborns
• Peds subspecialties in-house: Cardiology, Nephrology, Peds Surgery, Endocrinology
• Competitive compensation including full benefits package
• NNP experience preferred
• New NP grads considered if 3+ years NICU nursing experience
• Graduate of an approved, accredited nursing program
• Current Texas APRN license with certification as Neonatal NP, or ability to obtain one
• Board Certification
• Follow care directives of physicians
• Work with attendings, residents, and medical students when assigned
• May work on various committees for QC or other administrative requirements
The Department of Pediatrics and Pediatric Residency Program at TTUHSC at Amarillo is a collegial, tight-knit community of physicians and advanced practice providers with a big mission to deliver evidence-based, compassionate, family-centered care for a diverse Pediatric population in an open learning environment. The Department of Pediatrics currently has 28 physicians on staff, including Pediatricians and Pediatric Hospitalists, Pediatric subspecialists, Neonatologists and Pediatric Intensivists.
Northwest Children's Hospital provides compassionate care to children and their families with 29 private, spacious inpatient rooms and a 12-bed PICU. Northwest Children's has been a pioneer in Neonatal intensive care since 1974 and has the largest NICU in the region, a 35-bed Level III NICU. The hospital offers over 10 pediatric subspecialties including Children's Oncology Group Treatment Center. Children's offers a Ronald McDonald Family Room for families of children who are patients, along with other support programs and services. Northwest Children's is a part of Northwest Texas Healthcare System, a tertiary care academic institution providing high quality medical care to the 500,000+ residents of the 26-county Texas Panhandle and surrounding areas in New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Kansas. Northwest is known in Texas and throughout the region for cardiac, stroke, emergency, trauma, and children’s services.
Amarillo, Texas: At 3,672 feet altitude with consistent breezes and low humidity, Amarillo enjoys 270 days of sunshine annually and four distinct seasons. Top-rated schools, upscale neighborhoods with views, and well-appointed country clubs offer families and individuals an exceptional quality of life. Outdoor recreation opportunities are plentiful at nearby Palo Duro Canyon, the second largest canyon in the United States. World class skiing and snowboarding can be found in Taos, NM, only a 5-hour drive away. Amarillo boasts a vibrant cultural arts scene including a Symphony, Ballet, Opera, museums, and art galleries. Sports teams, diverse restaurants and cuisine, great shopping, annual festivals, and a historic downtown with a brand-new baseball park and minor league team combine to present a variety of entertainment options. With the metro area population of ~ 250,000 and an international airport with quick flights to other Texas and U.S. cities, Amarillo is an emerging city with abundant opportunities!
In-house Physician Recruiter