The RN Care Team Manager is responsible for projecting and integrating the Mission and Core Values of the organization in the provision care management services to members of the AHF/AHFMCO Medicare and Medicaid health plans of Florida.
Key responsibilities include leading the care team which provides culturally and linguistically sensitive care management services to the HIV/AIDS special needs population enrolled in the Medicare and Medicaid health plans under the supervision of the RN Care Team Manager, participating in the gathering and transmission of information and data to the RN Care Team Manager for assessment and care planning, participating in interdisciplinary team meetings, participation in activities that increase understanding of the communities served by the AHF/AHF MCO and going the extra mile to assure members have access and knowledge of their health plan benefits, community benefits, treatment plan, and medication adherence.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Collaborates with and plays a lead role with Health Care Center and external network PCPs, the Care Team and other practitioners to ensure members are well supported and managed within the Health Home of the Chronic Care Model.
• Collaborates with ASO's, PAC Providers and other Community Services as necessary to ensure appropriate access to service and follow up on the results to such referrals.
• Responsible to manage and coordinate care for an assigned population of Level 3, high risk members.
• Orients new members to the Managed Care program through Welcome and Transition calls.
• Completes assessments and re-assessments timely for members assigned to the Care Team.
• With the member, establishes patient centered long term and short term goals for care and self management.
• With the input of the member, family and medical team, creates an appropriate and timely individual care plan to assist the member to achieve the established goals.
• Maintains current knowledge of MCO benefit structure, policies and procedures related to authorization of services. And is adept at creating a wrap around solution to address member’s needs using appropriate MCO benefits and available ASO and community resources.
• Works to deliver care management services in an efficient and cost effective manner.
• Performs PAC assessments and exception request visits as requested
• Adheres to PAC Manual when delivering PAC assessment or reassessment services.
• Communicates the care plan to the Primary Care Physician, member and others in the Health Home.
• Revises the Care Plan as needed and at a minimum following hospitalization of the member or following the annual re-assessment.
• Meets with patients face to face in the home or at physician appointments to complete assessments and other contacts, as necessary.
• With the support of the Care Team, re-engages the member following hospital admissions and emergency room use through reassessment, coordination of transition of care, including PCP appointment and transportation as needed.
• Monitors the appropriate use of outpatient ancillary services, medication adherence, compliance to PCP visit schedules and results of lab work.
• Provides Transition of Care follow-up visits or calls to patients following change in level of care.
• Provides health education regarding disease process, medications, medication adherence, community resources and benefits.
• Collaborates with AIDS Service Organizations and other community resources, as necessary, to ensure appropriate access to care and services.
• Maintains current clinical knowledge of HIV/AIDS medications and treatment regimens.
• Maintains at least the minimum performance and productivity standards.
• Completes a minimum of three recommended AIDS related in-services, trainings or conferences per year.
o Obtains and maintains HIV/AIDS disease/treatment general knowledge proficiency
• Reports urgent member issues and barriers to care to the Primary Care Provider and the Director of UM/CM, as appropriate.
• Advocates for member needs with medical provider, RN Care Team Manager and community.
• Reports all complaints and grievances per grievance policy.
• Other duties as assigned to ensure team goals are met.
Collaborates with the Director of UM/CM or their designee on the day to day supervision of the Care Team members.
Supervises and delegates appropriate tasks to the LPN Care Partner, the Care Coordinator and the Social Worker and monitors for the appropriate completion of assigned tasks.
Organizes and leads the team conferences with the Interdisciplinary Team.
Collaborates with the Plan Medical Director, Manager and Director of Utilization and Case Management on member clinical, satisfaction, utilization and cost issues.
Signs off on Care Plans developed by the LPN Care Partner.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Graduate from an accredited RN Program.
At least five years clinical experience and three years Case Management, Community nursing, Home Health or Hospice nursing desired
Managed Care experience a plus with knowledge of Medicare and Florida Medicaid regulations
Certified Case Manager (CCM) or eligible for certification within two years of employment.
Certified in AIDS Care or eligible for ANAC certification within three years of employment.
Computer/Software Skills & Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have adequate typing skills and basic knowledge of business software, including but not limited to: MS Word MS Excel, MS Access data base input to pre-designed forms, Internet Explorer and MS Outlook. Knowledge of MS Visio a plus.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret AHF/AHF MCO documents, policies, procedures, publications, and other documents.
Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or issues
Skilled in motivational interviewing techniques to engage member in the plan of care
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of peers, superiors, clients, customers, and the general public.
Bilingual Spanish, and/or Creole a plus.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. and express same verbally and/or in writing..
Ability to interpret and follow a flow diagram.
Ability to apply the nursing process to assessment, care planning and patient management.
Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate to the appropriate staff
Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram format including abstract and concrete variables.
Over 50% Local travel. Home/ field based position with daily local travel to Health Care Centers, inpatient facilities, physician offices, patient homes, and AHF office.
Other Skills & Abilities/Qualifications
Excellent organizational skills.
Ability to successfully work with various levels of professional and non-professional staff.
Must be able to work independently and as a leader or member of a team.
Knowledge of HIV/AIDS, related medical and patient care issues and concerns in diverse populations
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
Unrestricted Registered Nurse licensed by the State of Florida
Baccalaureate Degree preferred
Certification in case management preferred
Current CPR (Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation) Certificate Required
Valid Florida Driver’s License with proof of automobile liability insurance
We at AIDS Healthcare Foundation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.