Group is actively seeking an experienced, fulltime adult nurse practitioner to work independently as primary medical provider for current NP's patient panel who plans to leave the practice after 10 years for family needs.
MUST BE FLUENT IN RUSSIAN
Group is located close to Scripps Mercy Hospital
Group is an Internal Medicine practice specializing in the prevention, detection and treatment of illness in adults. It is a busy, well established, small group practice staffed by two Internists, one Nurse Practitioner and 8 additional employees. The practice has earned the highest level recognition from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) as a Patient-Centered Medical Home. Its mission statement is to provide the highest quality medical services to patients by caring Providers and Staff.
Monday, Wednesday and Friday 7:30 AM – 4:30 PM and Tuesdays and Thursdays 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM. There is no call. After hours remote preparation for clinics and maintaining desktop duties is required (labs, imaging reports, consult notes, patient emessages, etc.).
The Nurse Practitioner will work independently under the supervision of the senior physician as primary medical provider for our current NP's patient panel. This entails all aspects of primary care internal medicine, inclusive of but not limited to: annual physical examinations, preventive medicine (maintaining up to date screening of mammograms, colonoscopies, well woman exams, diabetic monitoring, bone density testing, eye exams, etc.), treatment of chronic illness (diabetes, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, COPD, heart disease, kidney disease, lung disease, etc.), ensure proper follow up with specialists, detection and treatment of acute medical illnesses, diagnosis and treatment of mental health conditions (depression, generalized anxiety, ADD, etc.), treat chronic pain patients with opiate analgesia, perform routine office gynecology, perform routine orthopedic joint injections, perform routine dermatologic procedures.
Required Skills and Qualifications
• Masters of Science Degree in Nursing or related Health Care degree or equivalent experience required
• Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
• Current unencumbered California Nurse Practitioner licensure
• Board certification
• Expert level computer skills (Group uses eClinicalWorks)
• Strong advanced nursing skills
• Excellent time management, strong critical thinking, strong communication and strong physician collaboration skills
• Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must be organized, detail oriented, self motivated and a self starter
• Minimum of 2 years independently managing Internal Medicine patients
• DEA Controlled Substance Registration
Salary and Benefits
• $95,000 - $120,000 annually
• Vacation accrual beginning at 2 weeks per year
• Medical and dental insurance
• Generous 401k profit sharing retirement plan