HEADLINE: Long Island, NY (about one hour to Manhattan): A Board Eligible/ Board Certified Physician assistant is needed to join an eight-year-old established cardiology private practice. Cardiology experience is a big plus but not required. They are willing to train both new graduates and PAs who do not have cardiology work experience. This busy practice currently consists of two non-invasive cardiologists, one full time Physician Assistant, and one part-time Physician Assistant. Monday to Friday and alternate weekends. This is a combination/mixture of both Outpatient and Inpatient work -- office, hospital and nursing facility. This is an employed opportunity. They are offering a very competitive financial package. The earning potential will depend upon how hard the person works.
LOCATION: Long Island, New York
- This is a very desirable location. It is close to the water and is excellent for sailing and boating activities.
- This practice has a service area about 350,000 to 400,000 residents. The population that they service is multi-ethnic.
- It also has a very good school system.
- Their office and hospital are about a one hour commute to Manhattan. Therefore, you will also be able to take full advantage of, have easy accessibility to, and be able to enjoy the countless and varied cultural, recreational, and educational opportunities that New York City/Manhattan have to offer!
- Established eight years ago, a Board Eligible/Board Certified Physician Assistant is needed to join a private practice currently consisting of two non-invasive cardiologists, one full time and one part-time Physician Assistant. They have a total of 10 people on staff, which excludes their two cardiologists.
- They are willing to train both new graduates and Physician Assistants who do not have prior cardiology work experience.
- A Physician Assistant with cardiology work experience would be a big plus but is not required.
- The Physician Assistant will be responsible for managing all aspects of patient preparation and supervision for cardiac consults outpatient private practice and skill nursing facility.
- Obtain patient history and physical.
- Interact with patients and other physician offices to assist with follow up, appointments, and patient and physician questions.
- Writes orders for medications, laboratory work and diagnostic tests. Interprets laboratory and test results.
- Perform order and evaluate diagnostic tests such as CT scans, echocardiograms, ultrasounds and x-rays.
- Confers with physicians, and staff to ensure optimum quality of patient care.
- Experience working in a cardiology setting preferred.
- Performs related duties, as required.
- This is a 50/50 mixture of both outpatient and inpatient work: office, rounding in the hospital and nursing facility.
- They make hospital rounds every day of the week, including weekends.
New Office: At the end of March of 2020 they moved into their state-of-the-art new office. It has six examining rooms, one procedure room for loop recorder, one Echo and Ultrasound room, two consultation rooms, one stress test room, one break room, and an office manager room for their office staff.
- Office Hours:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- On Thursday: 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- There are no office hours on Saturday and Sunday.
- Weekends: The new PA will be required to work every other weekend, both Saturday and Sunday. Four to six hours of inpatient work per day.
- Information regarding their hospital: They admit to one general medical and surgical community hospital. It is located five to ten minutes from their brand new office. This hospital has two diagnostic catheterization labs and one EP lab. However, this hospital does not do: open-heart surgery, bypass surgery, cardiopulmonary bypass surgery, and valve surgery. They refer these cases to a University teaching hospital.
- Availability: Physician Assistants who are already in practice and have work experience and PAs who will be completing their training programs within this year are all welcome to apply and will all be strongly considered.
FINANCIAL COMPENSATION PACKAGE:
- This is an employed opportunity.
- This practice is offering a very competitive financial package which includes:
- Competitive starting salary range, which is based on the candidate’s skills, experience, etc.
- Malpractice Insurance
- Health Insurance for the Physician Assistant only
- 401K Retirement Plan, which starts at end of second year of employment
- Paid vacation (To be discussed)
- CME ($ 1,500 allowance)
- The earning potential will depend on how hard the Physician Assistant works.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REGARDING NEW YORK CITY:
- NEW YORK CITY (exceeding 8.6 million people) is the most populous city in the United States! A key component to its strength is its diversity.
- As what many people refer to as the "Capital of the World", New York City offers some of the most sought after real estate. With such prestigious locations including the Empire State Building, Rockefeller Center, and the Chrysler Building, a New York City business address brings global recognition and respect.
- New York City offers a broad range of educational opportunities to its youth. From public, private, parochial, and non-religious, all types of schooling are available. Their public school system is the largest in the nation. New York City boasts more than 100 institutions of higher learning. From public to private, the college-level and post-graduate learning opportunities are endless!
- The recreational and sporting activities available in New York City are endless, appealing to all ages and ranging from Amusement Parks to the Bronx Zoo.
- With its educated, worldly, resourceful, and motivated population, New Yorkers comprise a city that is second to none! New York is the grandest, most dynamic, sophisticated and diverse city in the world!
Anapol Enterprises, LLC
200 East 33rd Street
New York, NY 10016-4827
800-388-6478 (Day and evening)
New York residents: 212-545-7660 (Day and evening)
Fax: Please call first.