ERP International is seeking a full time Registered Nurse - Medical Surgical Unit (RN - MSU) in support of the Mike O'Callaghan Federal Medical Center, Nellis AFB, NV. Apply online today and discover more about this outstanding employment opportunity. www.erpinternational.com
Be the Best! Join our team of exceptional health care professionals across the nation. Come discover the immense pride and job satisfaction ERP Employees have in caring for our Military Members, their Families and Retired Military Veterans!
* Excellent Compensation & Exceptional Comprehensive Benefits!
* Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Time, Paid Federal Holidays!
* FREE Medical/Dental/Vision and Health Savings Account available!
* Company Paid STD, LTD and Life Insurance!
* Matching 401K!
* Annual CME Stipend!
About ERP International, LLC: ERP is a nationally respected provider of health, science, and technology solutions supporting clients in the government and commercial sectors. We provide comprehensive enterprise information technology, strategic sourcing, and management solutions to DoD and federal civilian agencies in 40 states. Founded in 2006, ERP is headquartered in Laurel, MD and maintains satellite offices in Montgomery, AL and San Antonio, TX - plus project locations nationwide. ERP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability and Veteran.
Rotating 8 or 12 hour shifts, depending on the needs of the unit
On-Call required - very minimal - 3 to 4 weeks per year
Job Specific Position Duties: The duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Determines the appropriate treatment setting and provides a variety of treatment modalities in an outpatient setting, which include psychopharmacology and the traditional interactive psychotherapies. Refers, coordinate and facilitates inpatient admissions for admission to psychiatric inpatient or partial hospitalization facilities.
• Ensure compliance with standards of care and practice in accordance with all established policies, procedures, and guidelines used in the MTF.
• Provide health promotions, counseling, and education.
• Administer medications, wound care, and numerous other personalized interventions.
• Direct and supervise care provide by other healthcare professionals.
• Recognize adverse signs and symptoms and quickly react in emergency situations.
• Perform nursing services identified in the TO.
• Ability to recognize adverse signs and symptoms and quickly react in emergency situations.
• Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse group of people for the purpose of informing the healthcare team of plans/actions, for teaching/education to benefit the patient/family and organization. Effectively uses appropriate communication format in addressing professional issues.
• Excellent oral communication skills for patient/family education and telephone triage of patients. Telephone and in-person assessment/evaluation includes the determination of optimal time and location for patient management (ER, clinic, homecare) and follow-up care as required. Prescribes and communicates treatment plans and patient teaching in accordance with established protocols. Collects and assesses significant patient history information and performs all necessary patient teaching.
• Excellent written communication skills to perform accurate documentation, both written and electronic, of all activity, including telephone contacts, in accordance with requirements.
• Skill in setting up, operating and monitoring specialized medical equipment such as cardiac monitoring devices, EKG units, oxygen analyzers, nebulizers, and other clinic specific equipment.
• Performs/assists with procedures such as bladder catheterizations, administration of oxygen, EKGs, phlebotomy and other unit specific procedures, in accordance with established protocols.
• Ensures for proper documentation of procedures and treatments.
• Participates in the orientation and training of newly assigned personnel, as appropriate.
• Ensures a safe work environment, employee safe work habits and patient safety IAW regulatory agencies, infection control policies, and process improvement initiatives.
* Degree/Education: Bachelors of Science in Nursing.
* Experience: A minimum of Five years Medical-Surgical or similar/higher acuity in-patient unit RN experience.
* Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse from any state.
* Life Support Certification: Possess and maintain a current AHA or ARC BLS Healthcare Provider certification.
* Security: Must possess ability to pass a Government background check/security clearance.