ERP International is seeking a full time Surgical Technologist (Ortho), Orthopedics Surgical Services Technician in support of David Grant Medical Center at Travis AFB, CA. Apply online today and discover more about this outstanding employment opportunity. www.erpinternational.com
Be the Best! Join our team of exceptional health care professionals across the nation. Come discover the immense pride and job satisfaction ERP Employees have in caring for our Military Members, their Families and Retired Military Veterans!
* Excellent Compensation & Exceptional Comprehensive Benefits!
* Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Time, Plus 11 Paid Federal Holidays!
* Medical/Dental/Vision and Health Savings Account available!
* Company Paid STD, LTD and Life Insurance!
* Matching 401K!
* Annual CME Stipend!
About ERP International, LLC: ERP is a nationally respected provider of health, science, and technology solutions supporting clients in the government and commercial sectors. We provide comprehensive enterprise information technology, strategic sourcing, and management solutions to DoD and federal civilian agencies in 40 states. Founded in 2006, ERP is headquartered in Laurel, MD and maintains satellite offices in Montgomery, AL and San Antonio, TX - plus project locations nationwide. ERP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability and Veteran.
Work and On-Call Schedule:
Duty Hours: Work schedule shall be between the hours of 0730 - 1630 Monday-Friday, to include a one-hour uncompensated meal break as determined by the clinical department.
On-Call Hours: On-Call Schedule is Thurs - Thurs 1630-0730, ten (10) weeks annually, per FTE.
Job Specific Details and Tasks: The duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Provides surgical patient care activities.
• Transports patients, and related records to and from the Operating Room (OR) and recovery room.
• Assists nursing staff with preoperative patient preparation activities.
• Helps with routing medical materiel management activities.
• Accomplishes routine safety checks and operator preventive maintenance on fixed and moveable medical equipment and fixtures.
• Performs routine and specialized housekeeping activities. Prepares OR for surgery by setting up and opening sterile supplies and instruments.
• Assists anesthesia personnel with patient positioning and anesthesia administration.
• Applies principles of asepsis, infection control, and medical ethics.
• Assists with terminal cleanup of OR and prepares for follow-up procedures.
• Receives, decontaminates, and cleans soiled patient care items.
• Assembles, wraps, and sterilizes instrument sets, supplies, and linen packs. Stores, maintains, and distributes sterile patient care items.
• Assists the circulating nurse with preparing records, reports, and requests.
• Prepares specimens for transport to the laboratory.
• Performs scrub duties in operating room. Scrubs hands and arms and dons sterile gown and gloves. Prepares and maintains sterile instruments, supplies, and equipment of draped tables and stands. Counts sponges, needles, instruments, and related items with circulating nurse before, during, and after surgical procedures. Assists the operative team with applying sterile drapes to the surgical field. Passes instruments, sutures, and other supplies to the sterile operative team. Anticipates surgeon’s needs, and provides additional assistance as directed. Cares for surgical specimens on the sterile field. Cleans and prepares instruments and reusable supplies for terminal sterilization and decontamination.
• Performs recovery room or basic nursing duties. Assists surgeon and nursing staff with monitoring and recording vital signs. Administers oxygen, helps arouse patient, and carries out surgeon’s post-operative orders. Assists with identifying and managing of postoperative complications.
• Performs general clinic functions. Prepares patients, instruments, supplies, and equipment for specialized procedures in the OR and specialty clinics. Assists specialty surgeon during surgical and diagnostic procedures. Assembles, operates, and maintains diagnostic and therapeutic equipment. Orders diagnostic laboratory and radiographic procedures as directed. Performs activities unique to specific surgical clinics.
• Attends in-service training in new procedures, techniques, and equipment.
• Screens and checks-in patients and escorts patients to treatment areas.
• Accurately prepares room & patient for examinations, therapeutic measures and procedures assuring all needed equipment and supplies are available prior to the start of the exam.
• Take, monitor and records physiological measurements.
• Assists in the delivery of orthopedic care through application, removal, and maintenance of casts/splints, dressings, traction, and other orthopedic devices.
• Prepares and administers medications under the supervision of a nurse or health care provider.
• Chaperones patients.
* Education: Completion of an accredited surgical and clinical course. Completion of an accredited basic orthopedic course. Completion of a surgical technologist program recognized and accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
* Experience: Minimum 1 year experience as an orthopedic surgical services technician
* Clinical Certification: 1) Certified through ASOP, NBCOT or if not certified, 2) must have at least 1 year experience in an orthopedic clinic with focus on sports medicine or total joint replacements.
* Life Support Certification: Possess and maintain a current AHA or ARC BLS Healthcare Provider certification.
* Security: Must possess ability to pass a Government background check/security clearance.