Job Description & Requirements
Psychiatry Nurse Practioner
StartDate: ASAP Available Shifts: Regular Pay Rate: $153.00 - 165.00This opportunity offers:
Acute Adult Inpatient Population
- 3-6 month long assignment to start immediately
- Full-time, 40 hour a week commitment with assigned office hours of Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 pm
- Not approved for overtime
- No weekends, no holidays, no on-call duty
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Forensic, NGRI, Civil, and Jail Transfers (male & female)
- Short and Long-term Lengths of Stay
- Caseload Varies (10-40 patients per provider)
- Admission units: 5-10 per week
- Adult units: 0-10 per month
- Long-term units: 0-5 per month
- PCP coverage provided
- Full complement of interdisciplinary team members
- Conduct comprehensive psychiatric evaluations and general medical examinations and evaluations. Ensure medical history, mental status, and physical examinations are completed according to policy, TJC and CMS standards and other regulatory agencies.
- Follow treatment protocols for competency restoration to ensure rapid turnaround of pretrial forensic patients.
- Attend judicial hearings on campus, appropriate to assigned patient population.
- Lead Treatment Planning Conferences and provide effective leadership in developing and maintaining the therapeutic process between physicians, nursing staff, psychologists, social workers, rehab staff and patients.
- Complete required documentation daily including psychiatric assessments, discharge summaries, treatment plans, etc. Failure to complete documentation in a timely manner may result in withholding time card approvals and/or cancellation of contract.
- Experience working with an acute adult inpatient psychiatric population
- Comfortable working on an admissions unit with rapid turnover
- Experience conducting comprehensive psychiatric evaluations and forensic evaluations for competency restoration
- Willing to provide cross coverage for other units if needed
- Ability to work independently and within a multidisciplinary treatment team
- BLS Healthcare Provider certification is required
Staff Care typically arranges medical or dental malpractice insurance for contractor physicians and other specialists with whom we match to client opportunities. In addition, Staff Care locum tenens positions regularly receive highly competitive pay and a dedicated team to handle all travel, lodging, rental, and transportation needs.About the Company
Staff Care, an AMN Healthcare company, is the nation's leader in locum tenens staffing. We provide flexible, temporary employment options for physicians, clinicians, and other allied health professionals in all specialties with a variety of healthcare organizations, typically with interim contracts lasting from one week to one year. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, Psych Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Np, Psych Np, Psych Np, Mental Health Np, Np, Aprn, Nurse Practitioner, Healthcare, Health Care, Hospital, Medical, Patient Care, Mental Health Care, nurse-practitioner, nurse practitioner, NP