Large Healthcare organization located south of Tucson is seeking an experienced Revenue Cycle Manager.
Essential Job Duties:
· Directs and oversees all billing and coding staff, to include hiring, training, evaluating, and conducting disciplinary actions and other personnel actions as required.
· Facilitates and promotes orientation, operational training, hands-on coaching, and other staff development tools and resources for all billing and coding staff, and monitors performance.
· Gathers and reports accurate data to facilitate and support leadership requests, and internal and external audits as required.
· Provides data and develops dashboards comprised of graphs utilizing both billing, coding and charges utilizing the data for the CFO to assist in overall financial decision making.
· Directs, develops and implements policies and procedures regarding billing and coding operations.
· Engages in tactical and strategic planning activities and implements tactical and strategic decisions into operational plans.
· Attends and participates in Management, Continuous Quality Improvement, and other staff meetings as needed.
· Assists in system administration of NextGen by reviewing and editing billable service items and other menu items and templates that affect billing.
· Conducts revenue cycle CQI and regular operational staff meetings routinely.
· Ensures that Month End closings are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
· Reviews the End of Month balances of Patient Accounts Receivable for accuracy.
· Analyzes aging of patient Accounts Receivable on a monthly basis and directs billing staff to improve payment statuses and collections.
· Ensures that charges and payments are posted daily.
· Manages claim denials to identify causes, corrective actions and ensures timely resubmission.
· Manages patient accounts regarding payment arrangements, collections and resolution of complaints and correction of errors.
· Conducts routine internal audits of charges, payments, denials, resubmissions and adjustments.
· Ensures that unbilled encounters and un-submitted charges are addressed.
· Assists in negotiation and renegotiation of contracts.
· Assists with various projects in support of Leadership.
Required Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
· Bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration, public health, business management or a related field required, Master’s degree preferred.
· Four or more years of supervisory experience required..
· Three or more years of healthcare related experience in revenue cycle activities such as; billing, coding, charges, denials and/or adjustments.
· Certified Professional Coder Certification is a plus.