North Spring Behavioral Health in Leesburg, VA is seeking a full-time Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) to join our specialized team in the treatment of Child and Adolescent patients. North Spring has both Acute and Residential Treatment services for both males and females ages 9-17 years with diverse Psychiatric treatment issues. The new PMHNP will be rounding in our Residential and acute settings with an emphasis on helping our Residential Treatment Psychiatrist with Admissions, Discharges and med-checks. The caseload averages 25 patients per week. Varying coverage in the acute unit would round out the Practitioner’s schedule to 32 hours a week (full-time). A 4 day work week can be accommodated if needed.
• Full-time PMHNP who is interested in working 32 to 40 hours/week. We are open to explore the hours and schedule.
• Provide psychiatric medical care under the oversight and in collaboration with the psychiatric physicians at North Spring Behavioral Health.
• Complete a Psychiatric Admitting Evaluation on newly admitted patients
• Complete a History & Physical Examination on newly admitted patients
• Ensure that appropriate orders and recommendations are made for treatment and psychiatric/medical care following the initial psychiatric/medical evaluation
• Conduct reviews of patients’ psychiatric/medical status as needed
• Communicate with families on significant psychiatric/medical issues
• As directed, ensure that psychiatric rounding occurs on patients throughout their stay at the facility
• Respond to or give appropriate orders for emergency needs or care of patients in crisis situations as needed
• Document the patient's medical record each time he/she sees and/or treats a patient and keep progress notes regarding treatment as well as written doctor's orders.
• Participate as needed in utilization reviews with insurance companies for the benefit of patients and their families
• Make appropriate discharge recommendations and prescriptions for psychiatric medication needs for each patient at the time of discharge
• Countersign all telephone orders in the patient record
Located in Leesburg, VA North Spring is situated on a 42 acre scenic campus. Leesburg is located 33 miles west-northwest of Washington, D.C. at the northwestern terminus of the Dulles Greenway. Leesburg has undergone much growth over the last number of years and is considered a suburban bedroom community for commuters to the national capital. The community is home to diverse education systems, residential areas, and stable businesses including major corporations, aviation, government entities, high-tech and legal offices, retail and restaurants. The area is full of history, culture and arts.
North Spring Behavioral Healthcare is owned and operated by a subsidiary of Universal Health Services (UHS) one of the nation’s largest and most respected hospital management companies. The website can be accessed at the main UHS website www.uhsinc.com by following links on the Behavioral Facilities list.
Salary: Based upon experience; Relocation Reimbursement
Benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance; Life Insurance; Short- and Long-term Disability; Accident Insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts; Vacation and Medical Leave; 401(k)Retirement Savings Plan and Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
• PhD or Master’s Degree in Nursing from recognized school of nursing
• Current licensure as a Nurse Practitioner/APRN in the State of Virginia or willingness to obtain licensure in the State of Virginia.
• Board Certified through the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) as a Clinical Nurse Specialist in Psychiatric and Mental Health
• Current National DEA Certificate
OUR FOCUS IS SIMPLE: WE WORK TO HELP OUR PATIENTS GET BETTER SO THEY CAN LIVE BETTER LIVES. ARE YOU READY TO TAKE A STEP AND JOIN US AS WE CONTINUE TO GROW OUR SERVICES?
Find out how you fit at North Spring. Contact Me For Additional Details!