· Directs and oversees all business office staff, to include hiring, training, evaluating, and conducting disciplinary actions and other personnel actions as required.
· Facilitates and promotes orientation, operational training, hands-on coaching, and other staff development tools and resources for all business office staff, and monitors performance.
· Gathers and reports accurate data to facilitate and support leadership requests, and internal and external audits as required.
· Directs, develops and implements policies and procedures regarding business office operations.
· Assists in system administration of NextGen by reviewing and editing billable service items and other menu items and templates that affect billing.
· Conducts regular operational staff meetings effectively.
Assists in Maintaining Financial Strength of CCHCI
· Ensures that Month End closings are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
· Reviews the End of Month balances of Patient Accounts Receivable for accuracy.
· Analyzes aging of patient Accounts Receivable on a monthly basis and directs billing staff to improve payment statuses.
· Ensures that charges and payments are posted daily.
· Manages claim denials to identify causes, corrective actions and ensures timely resubmission.
· Manages patient accounts regarding payment arrangements, collections and resolution of complaints and correction of errors.
· Conducts routine internal audits of charges, payments and adjustments.
· Ensures that unbilled encounters and un-submitted charges are addressed.
· Assists in negotiation and renegotiation of contracts.
· Assists with various projects in support of Leadership.
Certified Professional Coder Certification required.