Position Summary: As a member of the school-based health center interdisciplinary team, the Registered Nurse (RN) provides a comprehensive preventative health program for students and families through individual health assessment and health guidance and counseling. The RN also implements policies and procedures relating to health issues. This position spends time each week at several school–based health center sites.
- Develops nursing assessments of patients by obtaining from patients and parents the child’s comprehensive birth, developmental, health, immunization and social histories.
- Assists NP/MD with physical exam as needed.
- Per provider order, administers vaccines and medical treatments, such as for asthma
- Monitors Citywide Immunization Registry, to assure all immunizations are recorded correctly and in patient file; removes or adds patients to the system, as appropriate
- Provides outreach to patients needing vaccines
- Receives new vaccines from the Vaccines for Children Program, logs them into the electronic medical record, and follows all Vaccines for Children protocols for vaccine storage and safety
- Provides triage and first aid treatment for minor injuries and illnesses.
- Responsible for triaging sick patients, both walk-ins and those with appointments waiting to be seen.
- Provides family health education. For example: Self-care, nutrition, and parenting.
- Maintains accurate and complete medical records
- Attends clinical meetings, as well as other Children’s Aid site meetings as required.
- Responsible for carrying out agency’s policies and professional standards.
- Maintains Universal Precaution Guidelines and safety measures according to Children’s Aid policies and procedures.
- Comply with all privacy laws including HIPAA, etc.
- Ensures that all patients, visitors and coworkers receive personalized prompt attention and are treated with dignity and respect.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Ages 3-18
- 4 locations: 3 Washington heights - 1 South Bronx
New positions are posted daily with the intention of offering a variety of opportunities to our candidates. Qualified candidates please contact WhiteCap Search/WCS Healthcare Partners for more information! Speak with a member of our Healthcare Recruitment Team Today! Contact: 646.813.3001 or apply directly for immediate consideration.