We are currently seeking a Medical Assistant (Full-time, 40 hr/week) to practice with a well respected Community Health Center.
This LPN or MA will assist with primary health care and patient care management. The LPN or MA will utilize their skills while focusing on preventive care and wellness.
The LPN or MA will support clinic operation with a variety of administrative duties including scheduling appointments, seeing patients, completing paperwork, aiding in the coordination of care, as well as other duties as assigned.
- Assists in managing day-to-day operations of the clinic.
- Greets patients in a friendly, welcoming manner.
- Answers phones, schedules appointments, checks and responds to voice messages.
- Calls patients to conduct appointment reminders daily.
- Pulls patient charts to prepare for the next work day.
- Files charts after patient visit is complete and charging complete by NP.
- Enters new patient information into appropriate programs (e.g. i3, EMR).
- Assists NP with referrals and faxing referral orders.
- Faxes requests for medical records as requested by NP.
- Works with lab to obtain lab results not received, to cancel lab pickups, or for any other communication under the direction of the NP.
- Rooms patients, obtains vital signs as appropriate for visit, reports any abnormal vital signs to NP immediately and identifies chief complaint(s) at time of appointment.
- Schedules follow-up appointments after patient visit.
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients. Cleans/wipes down exam rooms after each patient visit, and at the end of each day.
- Performs tests/procedures and gives injections/vaccines within clinic as ordered under the direction and supervision of NP.
- Stocks and orders all supplies and vaccines in clinic on a regular and consistent basis. Keeps a log of supplies and vaccines ordered/received.
- Checks expiration dates on vaccines and supplies on a monthly basis, or more frequently as needed.
- Checks vaccine refrigerator temps twice daily and maintains temperature log. Notifies NP promptly if any temperature is outside of indicated normal range.
- Enters all vaccines given into the Wisconsin Immunization Registry (WIR).
- Adheres to all policies and procedures set forth by Interra Health. Takes additional measures to ensure patient privacy.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Exhibits objectivity and openness to others views; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.