Community Health Center in the East Valley is seeking a Triage Nurse
Assesses patient’s medical needs in the department and facilitates the appropriate medical care.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Responsible for receiving triage forms from the reception are and or medical assistants within the department.
2) Responsible for assessing the patient’s medical condition.
3) Responsible for obtaining and documenting all pertinent patient information.
4) Responsible upon collection of all medical data, determining the level of care required.
5) Follows appropriate clinical guidelines outlined by Health Center.
6) Communicates with the provider concerns and information about patient conditions.
7) Functions as a team member of a multi-disciplinary team in determining patient treatment plans.
8) Educates the medical assistants regarding proper clinical protocols.
9) In coordination with the lead medical assistants, ensures that all medical assistants are proficient in the clinical core competencies of their job.
10) Educates the patients as needed, in order to ensure optimal clinical outcomes.
11) Interacts politely and as a team player with all levels of staff, physicians, patients and the public.
12) Must be able to embrace differences among people and is able to interact with internal staff as well as external contacts in a culturally competent and respectful manner.
13) Performs other duties as assigned.
14) Must be able to embrace differences among people and able to interact with internal staff as well as external contacts in a culturally competent and respectful manner.
- Promotes positive patient/guest relation in accordance with Health Centers policies, providing a high level of quality in personal attention and service to patients and visitors.
- Observes organizational policies concerning unscheduled absences and reports unscheduled absences in accordance with departmental procedures. Has 3 or fewer occurrences of unscheduled absences in a twelve month period.
- If in a nonexempt position, does not incur excessive overtime. Does not work overtime without prior written approval of his/her supervisor. If in a supervisory position, controls the overtime expended by his/her subordinates within the policies and practices of the facility.
- Complies with the organization Safety Policies and Procedures. Ensures compliance with governmental licensing and regulatory requirements where applicable. Conducts annual review of and complete/suggest on-going revisions of the Policies and Procedures specific to his/her department. Maintains familiarity with and abide by all established facility and departmental policies and procedures, noting changes when they are published/posted. Conducts himself/herself in a manner consistent with the Mission Statement and Values of the Health Center.
- Reports to work at the start of the shift 98% of the days scheduled. Follows the work rotation schedule. Explains and gives proper notification of absenteeism, as outlined in the facility Policies and Procedures. Attends a minimum of 98% of the staff meetings. Reads and signs off on all minutes of the meetings not attended. Participates in committees as assigned. Maintains 100% attendance at mandatory skill/departmental updates. Seeks out facility or external education/training that would further develop individual skills, experience or knowledge necessary for a high standard of functioning in his/her job.
- Observes and respects the confidentiality of information in regard to patients, visitors and fellow employees including salary information, if exposed to any of the above referenced information in the course of his/her job function.
- Dresses according to the organization’s dress code policy and procedure, as well as, complies with specific departmental regulations pertaining to employee appearance.
- Demonstrates an understanding of facility organizational structure by utilization of appropriate channels of communication. Maintain consistent, timely communication regarding all facets of departmental activities with his/her co-workers, therefore, demonstrating good customer service skills with both external and internal customers.
Registered Nurse in the State of Arizona.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associates or bachelor’s degree in nursing.
Bilingual English/Spanish required. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.