The candidate is responsible for providing customer service and preparing patient for Integrated Health Services Professionals or the Medical Providers’ interface, under direction of the provider/practitioner.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The individual must also have strong multi-tasking skills. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. May prepare patients for examination by providing accurate, complete, legible documentation of current medical/behavioral vital signs and reason for visit.
2. Assists medical provider and Integrated Health Provider with examinations as required.
3. Responsible for screening patient population for indicators of poor dietary habits, anxiety, depression, domestic violence, substance abuse, trauma history, pain severity index, family history risk factors and other behavioral health symptomatology as directed.
4. Identifies patients who are likely to benefit from Integrated Health Services in a systematic way, prior to patient visit.
5. Interpret for Integrated Health Provider during individual consults and during health classes.
6. Informs Integrated Health Providers and Medical Providers of patients identified as likely to benefit from Integrated Health Services prior to patient visit.
7. Complies with all applicable infection control and safety procedures.
8. Accurately completes referrals to specialized mental health and substance abuse treatment provision.
9. Logs monthly referrals and reports referral outcomes to Integrated Health Providers.
10. Follow-up contact via phone with patients to assess integrated change plan compliance and patient functional outcome.
11. Takes and answers all voice mail messages in a timely manner.
12. Exhibits ability to address issues relating to childhood, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
13. Interacts politely and as a team player with all MPHC employees, physicians, patients, and public.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
15. Must be able to embrace differences among people and able to interact with internal staff as well as external contacts in a culturally competent and respectful manner.