Reviews, analyzes, and reports results of operations. Maintains timely and accurate financials according to GAAP including balance sheet, income statement, cash flow statement, financial forecast and operating statistics. Ensures an audit trail to properly support information and comply with A-133 Cost Principles. Ensures Revenues and Expenses are accurately categorized to the appropriate cost centers, and internal controls and approvals are maintained. Supervises Payroll, Accounts Payable, General Accounts Receivable, and Purchasing departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain Accounting procedures in accordance with GAAP
- Manage Monthly Book-close processes and journal entries
- Responsible for preparation of monthly and annual financial statements including balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow
- Responsible for current reconciliation and maintenance of GL Accounts
- Manage Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Purchasing, and Payroll processes and personnel
- Manage financial department team
- Treasury functions including cash management and cash reconciliation
- Manage Fixed Asset Tracking and capitalization
- Prepare and balance various federal, state, and grant-related financial reports and tax returns including 990’s and 5500’s.
- Manage organization’s financial audits
- Manage grant accounting processes and grant budgets
- Maintain organized and efficient financial records for the organization and its cost centers and projects
- Ensure appropriate internal financial controls are implemented and maintained
- Maintain appropriate user permissions and access within Sage MIP Accounting Software
- Responsible for documentation of internal accounting policies and procedures
- Communicate with various outside agencies and stakeholders
- Responsible for overall valuation and quantity of inventory
- Interface with various department heads and staff in accomplishing organizational objectives
- Continual process improvements
- Maintain in-depth and hands-on knowledge of accounting functions and processes
- Co-manage various projects and processes in coordination with other department heads, including employee benefits cost matters
- Invoice various agencies monthly for grant funds
- Distribute departmental financial results to operational and administrative managers
- Perform various detailed financial analyses and reconciliations
- Act as back-up for accounting positions
- Other Projects as assigned
- Must be able to embrace differences among people and is able to interact with internal staff as well as external contacts in a culturally competent and respectful manner.
- Promotes positive patient/guest relation in accordance with policies, providing a high level of quality in personal attention and service to patients and visitors.
- Observes organizational policies concerning unscheduled absences and reports unscheduled absences in accordance with departmental procedures. Has 3 or fewer occurrences of unscheduled absences in a twelve month period.
- If in a nonexempt position, does not incur excessive overtime. Does not work overtime without prior written approval of his/her supervisor. If in a supervisory position, controls the overtime expended by his/her subordinates within the policies and practices of the facility.
- Complies with the organization Safety Policies and Procedures. Ensures compliance with governmental licensing and regulatory requirements where applicable. Conducts annual review of and complete/suggest on-going revisions of the Policies and Procedures specific to his/her department. Maintains familiarity with and abide by all established facility and departmental policies and procedures, noting changes when they are published/posted. Conducts himself/herself in a manner consistent with the Mission Statement and Values of Health Center.
- Reports to work at the start of the shift 98% of the days scheduled. Follows the work rotation schedule. Explains and gives proper notification of absenteeism, as outlined in the facility Policies and Procedures. Attends a minimum of 98% of the staff meetings. Reads and signs off on all minutes of the meetings not attended. Participates in committees as assigned. Maintains 100% attendance at mandatory skill/departmental updates. Seeks out facility or external education/training that would further develop individual skills, experience or knowledge necessary for a high standard of functioning in his/her job.
- Observes and respects the confidentiality of information in regard to patients, visitors and co-workers employees including salary information, if exposed to any of the above referenced information in the course of his/her job function.
- Dresses according to the organization’s dress code policy and procedure, as well as, complies with specific departmental regulations pertaining to employee appearance.
- Demonstrates an understanding of facility organizational structure by utilization of appropriate channels of communication. Maintain consistent, timely communication regarding all facets of departmental activities with his/her co-workers, therefore, demonstrating good customer service skills with both external and internal customers.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 5 years accounting and management experience.
- Master’s degree in business, finance, or related field or current CPA qualification required.
- Must have solid management and communication skills, ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines, and a high level of technical expertise in spreadsheets and accounting Software. Sage MIP software experience is a plus.
- Healthcare accounting experience is also viewed favorably. Hands-on position with overall supervision for Accounts Payable, Payroll, Purchasing, and Accounting Personnel.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.