Well established group is seeking a Spanish speaking Family Nurse Practitioner to join team!
The primary function of this position is to be a member of the healthcare team,
participate in patient care by making assessments and helping patients manage and
understand their chronic illnesses, acute episodes, and exacerbation.
- Family Nurse Practitioner licensed in Massachusetts
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- At least two years of recent experience as a Family Nurse Practitioner
- Works well within a multi-disciplinary team
- Willing and able to learn from and teach others
Scope of Duties:
- Examines and treats patients to assure continuity of care.
- Makes assessment of each patient which includes, but it not limited to, presenting problem, medical history, allergies, psycho-social problems, medications, and current living arrangement of individuals and their families.
- Reviews lab values that are abnormal and plans appropriate disposition/treatment in absence of the primary physician.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age or patients served.
- Identifies need for client and family teaching and/or referrals. Prioritizes patient needs based on assessment and patient’s verbalized areas of concern. Develops a plan for teaching based on mutual goals that addresses patients assessed and stated needs.
- Participates in a multi-disciplinary approach directed towards client’s needs and care. Consults with other health care providers (i.e. case manager, family planning, etc.) Involves family members and/or significant others in plan of care, as appropriate.
- Provides care following approved protocols in a safe manner.