Well established group is seeking a Family Physician at this time.
The primary function of this position is to provide comprehensive and continuing care to patients requiring routine and emergency treatment through the diagnosis of disease processes and through the provision of medical treatment of patients at community health centers, hospitals, schools, and shelters.
Must be Board Certified or Eligible in an appropriate specialty and a current medical license in Massachusetts.
Residency completion in good standing. Well-developed organizational skills. Bilingual English/ Spanish preferred.
Scope of Duties:
- Demonstrates clinical competence and professional commitment in the Practice of Medicine by adhering to established standards of practice and utilizing appropriate scientific principles.
- Oversees and provides direct medical care to patients.
- Refer patients to other providers as appropriate.
- Participates in patient care audits for quality assurance and utilization review to maintain and improve patient care standard of excellence.
- Maintains appropriate medical records on assigned patients.
- Maintains medical professional standards and knowledge by regularly attending medical conferences, seminars, continuing education programs, and the teaching medical residents, medical students and /or practitioners or students in other health care professions.
- Serve on-call including as a backup clinician as assigned.
- Serves as member of related committees as requested/needed.
- Represents the health center with external authorities and the community as required.
- Pursues continued education opportunities for ongoing professional growth and accreditation status.
- Accepts responsibility, is self-directed in developing and maintaining own level of competence, career development and education.
Provide leadership for employees to experience training opportunities related to quality improvement