Great new opportunity for a Psychiatrist. The Psychiatrist will consult with primary care providers and behavioral health providers regarding individual cases, medication management, and care modalities.
- Provide direct psychiatric patient care to a panel of patients
- Provide medication management consultation to primary care providers at the Health Center
- Participate in the educational activities of the Behavioral Health Department in collaboration with the family medicine residency faculty.
- Participate in Multidisciplinary Reviews, including group meetings and reviewing documentation.
- Diagnoses, manages, and appropriately refers patients with acute, episodic, or chronic illness according to department protocols
- Orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic tests according to established guidelines.
- Facilitates and coordinates patient care referrals to specialists and outside agencies
- Develops and provides educational materials and/or programs to patients, families, and other health care professionals.
- Actively participates in the departmental quality assurance program.
- Serves on appropriate department and/or hospital committees.
- Demonstrate understanding and commitment of the health center mission.
- Performs other related duties as required and as assigned.
- Graduate of USGME Qualified Adult Psychiatry Residency Program
- Valid License for the practice of Medicine in Massachusetts
- Valid Massachusetts DEA Certificate
- Valid Federal DEA Certificate
- Board Certified or eligible by ABPN in general psychiatry