Great opportunity for a Family Medicine Physician with an outstanding group.
- Under the direction of the Medical Director, provides comprehensive and continuous primary care to a panel of patients.
- Medical Degree (MD or DO)
- Board certification/eligibility in Family or Internal Medicine
- Current licensure by the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Medicine
- Current DEA and Massachusetts Controlled Substance licensure for prescriptive authority
- Eligible for unrestricted health center and hospital privileges at facilities utilized by the health center
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
Essential Duties Major responsibilities:
- Provides primary care services to individuals and families.
- Practices within the collaborative model with nurse practitioners and clinical psychologists.
- Provides and manages direct patient care, including physical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses and treatment for a specified patient population.
- Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions.
- Refers patients to specialists and to relevant patient care components as appropriate.
- Directs and coordinates the patient care activities of nursing and support staff as required.
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
- As appropriate to the position, participates in specified health promotion, education and/or prevention programs.
- Ability to observe, assess, and record symptoms, reactions, and progress.
- Participate in On Call coverage.
- Knowledge of legal and ethical standards for the delivery of medical care.
- Knowledge of relevant drugs and non-pharmaceutical patient care aids and ability to prescribe dosages and instruct patients in correct usage.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
- Ability to develop and present educational programs and/or workshops.
- Knowledge of community medical diagnostic and patient care services in area of medical expertise.
- Knowledge of current principles, methods and procedures for the delivery of medical evaluation, diagnosis and treatment in area of expertise.
- Ability to supervise, advise, and train clinical professionals and/or students in area of expertise.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Managing patient care is a team effort that involves clinical and non-clinical staff interacting with patients.