Seeking entrepreneurial internal medicine, family medicine, and geriatric Physicians to help run/grow our innovative practice model in Phoenix. Excellent benefits and compensation that are well above the market average for AZ. Our model of health care changes everything – payment, staffing, processes, IT systems, and culture. We have no status quo to defend, no arcane rules we must follow. We are a fast-paced, fresh-thinking, high-growth company building a better model of health care delivery.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
As our Medical Director, you will work closely with the Market Medical Director to play a critical role in both care delivery and ongoing practice innovation. Specific areas of focus include:
- Providing primary care within the practice, including face-to-face visits as well as non-visit based interactions (e.g. phone, email, groups, home visits, video chat)
- Comfort working with a medically complex population
- Supervising and teaching a team of health coaches, who, based on a community health worker or promotora model, will build strong relationships with patients, help patients set self-management goals, improve self-efficacy, and support clinical work
- Evolving the way we care for our patients through creative innovation of care delivery; contributing to practice improvement activities and across our practice network
- Communicating and marketing the practice model to new patients as well as other stakeholders such as the medical community
- Developing a medical network with trusted outside medical consultants, hospitalists, emergency room providers, support services and others
We seek a board-certified/eligible Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, or Geriatrics trained physician who has or is able to obtain Arizona state licensure.
- The ideal candidate will be an excellent clinician, a systems thinker, technologically savvy, excited to work in an interdisciplinary team, value service to our patients, and revel in uncertainty and ambiguity.
- The ability to build successful relationships with team members (who have a wide range of professional training) by working without ego and with strong collaborative spirit is an essential attribute.
- Candidates with work experience outside of medicine, and those with other advanced degrees or specialization, are encouraged to apply, as are recent residency program graduates.
- Spanish language fluency highly preferred but not required