In addition to performing Medical Assistant duties, acts as Lead for Medical Assistant staff and assists Center Administrator in accordance with Concentra policies, practices, procedures and applicable regulations.
Ensures the delivery of exceptional customer service by putting all customers (internal and external) first and displaying:
- A healing focus
- A selfless heart
- A tireless resolve
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports patient care delivery and adapts procedures and care to patient needs.
- Performs various administrative tasks including:
- Assisting in maintaining pharmacy inventory within computerized Center management software application.
- Assisting in managing center medical inventory including ordering and receipt of medical and lab supplies appliances and medications.
- Assisting in ensuring all medical equipment in Center is well maintained including scheduled and required calibrations.
- Assisting in managing patient flow within the Center ensuring maximum efficiency of care and minimization of patient wait times within treatment areas.
- Distributes and adapts workload based on patient volume, staff competency and case complexity.
- Obtains additional certifications available to medical assistants that improve the quality of patient care experience within the Concentra environment.
- Trains and/or mentors new and current Medical Support Specialists in procedures, systems, policies and practices.
- Provides input into performance appraisal documentation.
- Performs duties to achieve or exceed established service standards.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Current license in state employed in accordance with state requirements and appropriate regulations.
- Graduate of 9 month, 12 month, or 18 month Medical Assisting Program or Army Medical Specialist Program; (Licensed RN, EMT, Paramedic or LPN may be considered as equivalent to education and training listed above).
JOB RELEVANT EXPERIENCE:
- 2 - 4 years continuous experience in clinical operations as medical assistant
DEMONSTRATED JOB RELATED SKILLS/ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of Center and Concentra procedures, practices and policies
- Leadership skills and abilities
- Excellent attention to detail
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Effective problem solving skills
- Proficient application of clinical procedures
- Proficient application of occupational medicine requirements (state specific).
- Proficient documentation skills
- Proficient procedural skills such as blood draws, EKG/PFT testing
- Excellent ability to speak clearly and effectively in a variety of settings
- Certifications in Hair, Hearing Conversation, spirometry,
- Ability to participate in initial and ongoing training as required.
- Effective communication and interaction with employers, patients, providers and other colleagues. Ability to use tack and diplomacy appropriate to situation.
- Outstanding ability to maintain working relationship with all levels of colleagues.
- Outstanding excellent customer service skills.
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.
Reference Number: 62825
NursEmp Reference Number: NursEmp_ID_311927