SAINT JOSEPH HEALTH SYSTEM – MISHAWAKA, INDIANA
PAIN & PALLIATIVE CARE PROGRAM
ADVANCED NURSE PRACTITIONER OPPORTUNITY DESCRIPTION
- Employment with Saint Joseph Health System; position is full time.
- NP or Clinical Nurse Specialist is ideal candidate; licensing and prescriptive authority must be current.
- Consultative position. Manage chronic disease patients, hem/onc patients, pain management, general symptom management such as respiratory, cardiac, and high anxiety patients.
- Coordinate outpatient care with appropriate agency and transition to home care; work closely with social worker in this regard.
- Flexible work schedule. Work with a full time Clinical Nurse Specialist and Social Worker. Position reports to Service Line Administrator.
- Work with hospitalists and other attending physicians; communication with said physicians and PCP's is critical.
- 60-70 initial patient visits are done per month.
- Attend rounds in ICU and Hem/Onc unit and other units as necessary.
Compensation & Benefit Package
- Competitive salary range in line with MGMA standards.
- Malpractice paid by corporation, including tail insurance.
- Health/dental/vision/disability/life insurance/retirement benefits.
- Relocation assistance provided in accordance with policy.
The Hospital and the Michiana Area
For further information contact Paul Charkowski, Manager, Physician Recruitment for SJRMC,
- Mishawaka, IN, is a neighboring city to the east of South Bend.
- Saint Joseph Health System (SJHS) has been in the Michiana region for over 100 years. Our main hospital, a 254-bed hospital built in 2009, is located in Mishawaka.
- SJHS-Mishawaka offers all private rooms; some of the services provided include obstetrics & gynecology, oncology, neurology, obstetrics, surgery, pediatrics, and orthopedics.
- The Michiana area, north-central Indiana and south-western Michigan, has a population of more than 240,000.
- Known for the legendary University of Notre Dame, the area boasts several colleges and universities, along with multiple reputable private and public school systems.
- Close proximity to Chicago and Indianapolis and Lake Michigan.
at firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone at 574-335-8750.