To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Doctorate degree (M.D.) or equivalent.
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Psychiatry.
- A minimum of 3 years of related experience, after completion of residency training programs.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to senior management, public groups, and/or board of directors.
High Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inferences, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical solutions.
Highest Skills: Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.) and its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
- Valid licensure as a medical doctor in State of Employment.
- Valid DEA certificate.
- Certification as mid-level supervisor
- Valid California driver’s license.
- Ability to travel up to 20 percent of the time.
- Sensitivity to the issues surrounding HIV and AIDS.
- Ability to speak fluent English-Spanish or English-Creole preferred.