The Licensed Clinical Social Worker Therapist / Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist is responsible for projecting and integrating the Mission and Core Values of the organization as well as AHF’s Management Philosophy in the leadership of the Mental Health Department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary by the Director of Mental Health.
• Conducts a psychosocial assessment on all new clients; conducts additional follow-up assessments as required by regulation or deemed necessary by the healthcare team.
• Provides crisis intervention counseling to an individual, couple or families experiencing immediate psychosocial distress either by phone or face-to-face.
• Provides short-term therapy as needed for individuals, couples, families and/or groups of clients. Length of therapy will be determined in conjunction with the Director of Mental Health—Southern Bureau.
• Provides mental health triage/ referral/ coordination to clients, including directing clients to the appropriate level of mental health care: including medication management, neuropsychological testing, day treatment programs, substance abuse services and inpatient hospitalization.
• Advises, counsels and, when appropriate, assists the patient's support system in problem identification, analysis, suggestions for interventions and follow up plans.
• Develops and tracks mental health treatment plans in conjunction with the Director of Mental Health—Southern Bureau.
• Reports suspicions of child and/or adult abuse to the appropriate authorities according to statutes in collaboration with the Director of Mental Health—Southern Bureau, the patient's medical provider and AHF's General Counsel.
• Contacts the client’s HIV provider on a regular basis to ensure client is actively engaged in medical care.
• Completes and documents case closures and discharges as appropriate.
• Collaborates with the healthcare center team (nursing, medicine, benefits) to link client with community services and programs as required by the treatment plan in conjunction with the Director of Mental Health—Southern Bureau.
• Attends monthly HCC interdisciplinary team meeting.
• Maintains an active client caseload in accordance with productivity standards determined by the Director of Mental Health—Southern Bureau.
• Schedules an 8-hour/day taking into account that the one-hour patient session includes admin time of 10-15 minutes to complete chart notes.
• Reviews cases on an ongoing basis to assure maintenance of accurate information, benefits and appropriateness of the treatment plan with the Director of Mental Health—Southern Bureau.
• Utilizes a standardized format for documentation and maintains complete and accurate files on all clients; documents response to the treatment plan and documents all services provided to the Director of Mental Health—Southern Bureau.
• Conducts continuous quality improvement activities to assure caliber of service.
• Serves as agency liaison to other service and community organizations as assigned by the Director of Mental Health—Southern Bureau.
• Participates in training and consultation on HIV mental health issues to healthcare center staff, clients and the general public as assigned by the Director of Mental Health—Southern Bureau.
• Prepares monthly reports (Grant or Governmental) as required by the Director of Mental Health—Southern Bureau.
• Prepares quarterly reports for Positive Healthcare in conjunction with the Director of Mental Health—Southern Bureau.