Client is in need of an experienced Surgical PA/ACNP for hospital in Maryland
Position requires experience working with pre and post OP patients – the hire will not have to work in the OR, Monday through Friday schedule, 8 am – 4 pm; highly competitive base salary plus a productivity and/or quality bonus.
Duties & Responsibilities
Hospital Duties & Responsibilities
- Decrease the number of transfers out of hospital and community health system by providing increased surgical inpatient clinician presence
- Provide medical care as designated within the scope of practice of the primary or alternate supervising physician and appropriate to the PA’s education, training, and level of competence
- Provide support to neurosurgery, general surgery, vascular surgery, surgical oncology, gynecologic oncology, ENT, orthopedics, urology and GYN specialties as appropriate
- Support Hospital -- Hospitalist Co-Management of Surgery Patients
- Perform comprehensive and problem-focused histories and physical examinations
- Order and interprets laboratory and radiographic studies
- Educate and counsel patients
- Render emergency care
- Facilitate patient referral to the appropriate physician or agency
- Prescribe medication within prescriptive authority
- Participate in development and implementation of hospital and surgery departmental quality control and improvement programs.
- Attend Surgery department and committee meetings as required.
Great Benefits Package
- Communicate daily with attending surgeon
- In conjunction with supervising surgeon, formulate and implement treatment and therapeutic plans for hospitalized patients
- Perform admission history and physicals
- Conduct daily hospital rounds
- Evaluate post-operative patients and make routine follow-up visits
- Write orders and progress notes
- Order appropriate laboratory and radiographic tests and diagnostic studies
- Evaluate and clarify clinical conditions
- Return phone calls of from families
- Handle discharge planning and dictate discharge summaries
- Perform quality assurance
Malpractice, health, dental, vision, life, Short Term/Long Term disability provided at no cost to employee
Health benefits, $1500 CME allowance/year, generous PTO, and profit sharing/401(k).